In the Beginning… There is the Earth
Description of project:
RFF wanted to double the capacity of the Cannes–Grasse line in 2005, in order to achieve a service of two trains an hour by 2013.
Two aspects were developed to achieve the objectives set:
1/ Adaptation of the infrastructures, with in particular:
• The creation of a passing track at the Le Bosquet halt, leading to widening of the existing rocky trench to the south and the doubling of the Lotus Flory railway bridge to the north,
• The lengthening to 215 m of the platforms in the Le Bosquet, La Frayère, and Ranguin halts and the stations in Mouans-Sartoux and Grasse,
• The widening of the deck of the La Frayère railway bridge in order to create a cantilevered platform there.
2/ The elimination of level crossings causing accidents (PN5) and delays (PN7A). PN5 will be replaced by a railway bridge, PN7A will be replaced by a relief road partly protected by a retaining structure.
Missions entrusted to FONDASOL
Carrying out G11 preliminary site geotechnical studies and G12 pre-project geotechnical studies:
• Characterizing the local geology and hydrogeological and geotechnical parameters
• Setting up equipment and instrumentation on certain existing structures.
In the context of these missions, FONDASOL has carried out the preliminary investigations:
• 32 pressiometric soundings down to a depth of 30 m, with pressiometric tests every metre,
• 16 cored boreholes down to a depth of between 10 and 30 m, with sampling,
• Laboratory analyses, including GTR identifications, CD shear tests, oedometric tests and swelling tests.
A question ? An observation ? Congratulations?
The Customer Relations Fondasol is at your disposal
from Monday to Friday 8 am-12h and 14h-17h.
04 90 31 54 54 rate number
or email firstname.lastname@example.org.