In the Beginning… There is the Earth
Description of project:
The aim of the redevelopment of the Vieux-Port in Saint Raphaël is to increase the capacity and improve the quality of reception for all types of craft, and to allow access by medium-sized pleasure craft from 11 m to 30 m long, while protecting the port basin. The works involve:
• reinforcing the Jetée du Large, to block the swell,
• creating a new basin and new quays,
• constructing groins,
• constructing an underground car-park with restaurant above.
The lithology of the site is characterized by compressible silty/sandy beds several tens of metres deep.
Thus the Jetée du Large which rests on a system of piles and sheetpiling first needed the implementation of pre-loading in order to limit negative skin friction.
The quays are based on piles.
The underground car-park is constructed using dewatering, protected by a watertight enclosure using an anchored diaphragm wall at a depth of over 15 m.
Mission entrusted to FONDASOL:
G3 geotechnical execution study mission, alongside the Contractors Group’s consulting engineers,
FONDASOL carried out:
• Preparing reports of assumptions and establishing geological and geotechnical profiles,
• Drawing up procedures for the observation method and vibration measurement,
• Verifying the structure sizing calculations
• Interpreting a pumping test, the study for consolidation by pre-loading,
• Controlling the pre-loading, inclinometric examination measurements, supervision of controls on the piles.
For this study, the following geotechnical investigations were carried out on land and from a barge:
• 520 linear metres of pressiometric, penetrometric, and cored boreholes,
• 150 pressiometric tests,
• 17 scissometric tests,
• 10 dissipation tests,
• Vibration measurements,
• Geophysical measurements by the parallel seismic method.
Find the closest branch to your site
Or contact us … +33(0)490 312 396 rate number
Send an email to our customer relationship service.